Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Doing well....

Hey everybody. I guess I just wanted to fill you guys in and let you know that I am doing well. I've been staying busy doing more and more each day. I bought some new shoes and have been running every couple of days. I ran about 3 miles yesterday but really slow. It felt great though. I've been surfing a couple times a week and feel like I'm getting back to where I was.

Last week I was surfing the internet for flights and little vacation deals and found a really cheap flight from lax to maui. So I called my aunt and uncle and maui and told them about it and now my mom and I will be going to maui for a week. We're just going to take it easy and soak in the beauty and warmth. I'm excited. It was cool to see everyone that was reading the blog...thanks to those readers who left a little comment. I'll put some pics up on the website when I get back.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, it was good to see you this weekend. Have a relaxing, wonderful time in Hawaii with your mom. Come over again soon, okay?
love,
karen k

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Scott:
Good for you! Both you and your Mom deserve all the relaxation in the world- I can see where you get a lot of your strength :) Have fun & hopefully we'll see you soon! Peace out, Pedro!
G-Dizzle ;)

12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Scott!!!

and you ran 3 miles? damn. i don't think i can do that and im healthy...
ANYHOW, I'm real happy for you man. I'll try to head down one of these days to chill and have a drink.

peace out ninja.

-jimmy

4:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha, Brah!!!
Have a good time...You too Linda!
Say "HI" to Maui Miz's

Torrance Mizu's

6:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Enjoy your vacation. Have fun and
relax. Hope you'll be back soon.
Everybody is waiting for you in
LBMMC.

Racquel

6:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Scott,

Glad to hear that you are doing well. When you go to Maui, try to play some golf, its awesome.

Daniel C.

10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scott!

just wanted to say that my family and i are so happy to hear that youre cancer free! what an amazing, inspirational journey youve been on and continue to experience. thank you for sharing with all of us. we're so happy for you scott! keep doin your thang!
much luv,
the nishis

11:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I didn't expect anything less from you; no, not beating cancer (hopefully forever), but going on a trip and leaving us hanging so we can't celebrate. We'll get you on the golf course and for the time being at least, no excuses for having a hair appointment.
Brent K.

8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really glad to hear you're getting back to enjoying things as you always did in the past. Enjoy the spam musubi, shaved ice, and loco moco in Hawaii. Hopefully you can make it up to Tahoe again this season too.

Paul

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

Scott,

Have a great time in Maui. I'm sure you won't be able to relax the whole time....those waves will be calling out to you! Now you'll be able to get some more color on that noggin.

roxanne

6:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to scott via a lakers b-ball friend of your dad--this blogging stuff is just amazing--glad to hear that you've headed off into the sunset, MAUI is the most perfect place to r 'n r! this unexpected cancer challenge finds you winning the battle--YEA!--you're a CANCER SURVIVOR--those are truly magical words!!! hang in there, keep on inspiring . . . gail

12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, what wonderful news. I've been praying for you. I am a friend of your Dad and Mom. I used to call on your Dad when he worked at Huntington Beach Hospital. You have 2 very special parents!!! Enjoy the sun in Maui!

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is You, and your story that makes life so worthwhile. I praise God for all He has done for you and all of us through your life. Thanksgiving is going to be so meaningful to all who read this Blog! May God continue to bless your life. Love you...JoAnn

11:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Super Scott!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and running again. I bet you are still faster than me. Have a great time with your family in Maui. Will there be big waves there? I've never been to Maui. Well, looking forward to seeing you back at work soon after you have a great "R & R". We all miss you at work. May God continue to shower blessings upon you.

Anne (AC):)

12:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are definitely "Seizing the Day". Good for you! :) I guess cancer forces us to put our priorities straight and live for each day. Carpe Diem, Scott. You are an amazing young man! Enjoy your much deserved time in Hawaii. I continue to think of you.

Love,
Debbie

8:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well and even taking a vacation! I'm a culprit of reading and not saying anything. Just know that I've thought about you this whole time and I'm really glad you did this blog. It's awesome! My parents agree. I'm not sure if they've written anything. Have a wonderful, relaxing time in Maui. I hope to see you soon.
-Kelly Nomura

9:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Scott,
Just wanted to tell you to have a great, fantastic time in Maui!!! You can surf and play golf too! Yea!! You and your mom deserve to have this time of rest & relaxation. Too bad dad can't go too. He deserves to relax too! Well, enjoy your vacation.....its your time!!!!
Chris & Ken H.

12:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! What great news.
Yur da man SCOTT!! We are so happy for you!
This journey will only have made you stronger!
Have fun in the sun~ Sheryl

11:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back into the grove!! Have a blast in Maui!
Hope to see you soon,
Karen B.

9:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott- I've been out of the loop for a while, on a vacation of my own, not nearly as nice as Maui but enjoyable anyway. I'm really glad to hear of all the great news especially that you are taking your mom with you she certainly deserves it!! Let us know all about the trip. The Buck's

11:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ttocs- Think you & Linda are either in Maui or just returning. So, hope you two are having or had a great time. I'll see you two soon. -Eiluj

1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
I've been checking on your status from time to time and I am happy to hear your good news. Have a great time in Hawaii with your mom and I hope to see you soon.
Aloha,
Chris Yakura

9:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

OK. I know I am a bit late to the game finally posting something up here. My sister has been posting for awhile and I figure since you asked all us lurkers out here to give you a shout I would say hi. I work with your little bro here at Epson. All of us have been tracking your progress through the blog and are so happy to hear about the news. It was an inspiration for me to see your courage through this whole thing. Hope to meet you in person someday soon. Have a great time on vacation!

Scott Sturcke (Your little bro's co worker with the sister who loves posting on blogs)

12:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Great to see you are doing well. Everyone at FV gives their regards. Have a great vacation. Ingat!

Keith

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home