Tuesday, November 01, 2005

As of today I am cancer free!!!

I had my doctors appointment today and the got good news. The PET scan showed no malignant material left in the mass. So I'm not going to have surgery. I'm going to be closely followed, with labs and CT scans every 3 months. There is still about a 2 year window that I need to clear to be totally cancer free (95%). So that's when the real party is.

I'm gonna take about a month before I go back to work. I want to make sure I am ready to jump in there 100%. I'll need the time to build my endurance and get myself into shape and maybe grow some hair.

I want to thank everyone that has been supporting me with prayers, thoughts and kind words throughout my short bout of cancer and chemo. It feels amazing to the have love and support of friends and family during tough times. I have a favor to ask of you guys. If you check my blog, I want you to just say hi and leave your name. I know some people leave me messages, but some people just check on how I'm doing. I'm interested to see how many people actually check this thing.

This might be my last entry unless something goes wrong. Cross your fingers for 2 years...

Love, Scott

88 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott....

IT'S THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!

One of your faithful blog followers....
Your Mom :)

Thanks to everyone who helped us through this!!!!!!!!!

5:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, that's GREAT NEWS!!! :)
We are so happy for you and admire your strength and courage. See you soon!

Uncle, Auntie, Kelli & Jamie

6:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scott - congrats on the good news!

dan h. from sf

6:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!
I am thrilled to hear the GREAT NEWS!!!! Congrats Scott! :)
Candice Rawlings

6:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY SCOTT!!...i'm soo HAPPY to hear the GREAT news.. take care and i'll see you soon.
love..karen
p.s i'm gunna miss reading your blog everyday :(

7:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,

This is the greatest news ever!!! We're so happy for you...this is so emotional. God has been by your side through all the good and bad times. You are such a strong, courageous, and admirable person.

Donna, Garry, Matthew, Mari, Brett, and Scotty :)

7:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news Scott! We all knew you'd pull through this!

E

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

Hi Scott,

You don't know me...just another blogger out there. I came across your blog by chance and have been hooked since. I'm so glad to see that you're cancer free..for now. I will be celebrating on your behalf when you get the two year free and clear checkup. Here's me sending good thoughts your way and hope that you can get back to "normal" soon.

roxanne

8:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
What better news could there be, but knowing you are CANCER FREE!!! I am so happy for you. You are an amazing and strong person. I just can't wait to see you back! I've missed you dearly... so many things to catch up on! Thank God you made it through. You're still in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
GD :)

8:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, AWESOME news!!!! Our prayers are being answered and you are such an inspiration to us all. Take care and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Uncle Rich & Auntie Reiko

8:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH, this is great. i am so happy for you, continuous prayers for you and this new begining.

God Bless Always,
Angella.

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott! I'm so happy for you and your family about the good news. I believed all along that you'd pull through this with flying colors. After all, it has something to do with Lion toughness that was instilled in us. I'm glad to hear you got to play some ball again last week, and it was really good to see you and your parents last week. I'm glad that I was able to follow your progress through your blog. Congrats!

Danny Roussel

P.S. I have a slow, old team on Sunday nights that could use a new shooter next season if you're interested. Starts in Feb. I think.

10:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott;
That is the best news I have heard all year. Im so happy for you and your family. We will have to celebrate the great news soon. I'll call you up soon.
EBuck

10:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Scotty...I can do nothing but smile! I knew you had it in you. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us on your blog. Enjoy your month off, we can't wait to have you back!
AB

10:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott.....

CANCER-FREE!!! Best news in the world!!!! Now you can LIVE STRONG!!! It is the power of prayer and the strong faith of Scott's army of friends, family and even people you don't even know!! I know your Mom and Dad are celebrating this good news!!

Ken & Chris H.

10:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, Congratulations on being cancer free!!!
Mika

6:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!! :)

That's the BEST news! Enjoy, Enjoy, ENJOY, & again, thank you for letting us share this journey! God continue to bless you & your family! Marilyn

7:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Super Scott!

CONGRATULATIONS on your great news! Praise be to God the Great Physician. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to seeing you back at work stronger than ever. We all really do miss you.

Anne C.

p.s. you look good. :)

7:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greatest news in western civiliazation!! Awesome to hear you are cancer free!

Broadback

8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise be to God....He is an Awesome God!!! Congratulations, and have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving, Scott and family!
love,
karen k

8:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Awesome news! and a full slate of NBA games, what a great day!

al k

8:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I JUST heard about your journey and Alison gave me this address. I thot I just kept missing u on the unit, I had no idea. SOOOOOO glad to hear this news,and glad for this avenue to keep an eye on u. Holding u close in prayer.
love debi fenton

11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott...
Congratulations on being cancer free!!!
Can't wait to celebrate with you.

your old college buddies....
jocelyn and friends =)

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, Congrats & welcome back to work- we need you here.
Linda.

12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you join us surfing again.

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you join us surfing again.

- Roger

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you join us surfing again.

- Roger

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scott,
I am so excited for you. cant wait till you come back,take time and relax, get a tan for me!!!! crystal

12:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Scott! That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see you again around here at work.
Becky

12:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, Greeting from WVa. Lots of people here have been following your journey. I, myself, check your site everyday. I'm so happy for you and your family.

Love, The Yanagisawas

2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee kayo kay yeah! :) Love, Marlo

3:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scott~

what a turn-around! the combination of your strength and the out-pouring of support from friends and family was amazing. looks like you took that cancer and kicked it's arse! =) congrats on the GREAT news!

~tawny

4:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! Just what we have been hoping for.

K&V

4:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott! Its gi again! I am so happy to hear about you being CANCER FREE!! We all knew that you could pull through. I WILL still be praying for you but i know that GOD is definitely watching over you! CONGRATS SCOTT!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us too. It was a tough journey and i knew that you would pull through. -GI NAKASONE

4:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations...That's excellent news!

5:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Great news!!! Congratulations! I think the most awesome things have been YOUR strength, YOUR courage, YOUR will to beat this beast. Like everyone else has, thank you for sharing your journey with us. Okay, so 31 days and counting, buddy. We've missed you.

love,
Venus

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,

That's the best news ever!! Get all of your strength back, although you look great in your pictures! Life is good! Enjoy.

Jayne

6:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats scott. im really stoked, we should go out boarding soon.
-jeff

6:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

What awesome news. We are so happy for you!!! You will continue to be in our prayers and we will definately keep our fingers crossed. Thank you so much for your blog. It has been such an honor to be able to share in your journey. We look forward to seeing you soon. Let me know if you want to carpool to work sometime.

Your fellow b-day buddy,

Tracy and Dan

6:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
You have withstood the biggest challenge of your life and you did it with such grace, dignity and strength. You are a better person than I will ever be. Congratulations to you my friend. Here's to the rest of your life...

9:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCOTT!!!!

THAT'S AWESOME!!! GOD IS GREAT!!! I knew you were gonna pull through this and beat it!

See u soon man. Let's go out for some drinks!!!

Grant

10:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! and you, Scott!. Your journey has been a journey for all of us too. Thank you again for sharing this precious time with us. You have taught alot of us how to deal with the down times that will surely confront each of us at one time or another. I will continue to pray for you as you get back into life as you knew it before this journey.
When your hair grows back, I hope you will come and see me. I still haven't seen your China pictues... Love you!

11:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!

Vicki Endow

4:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCOTT,

CONGRATULATIONS, THAT'S THE GREAT NEWS I'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR. ENJOY YOUR VACATION AND HOPE TO SEE YOU
SOON. TAKE CARE ALWAYS.

RACQUEL

6:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear this great news. Thanks for keeping this blog and letting us all in on your journey through this part of your life. Hopefully you'll be back to your old form for the FOR tourney, then at least one of us will be in shape.

-Reid

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, what AWESOME news!!! ALL of our prayers have been answered. I truly admire your courage throughout this journey. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and allowing us to be a part of it. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. Take care, and God bless!!!!

~megan kawashiri

9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Awesome news! Congratulations on being cancer free!

Dean M

9:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scizott! What can I say but, "Yippee kayo kay yeah!"?? Love, Marlo

10:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey,

We are all here for you, can't wait to have you back. Let's go surfin... Board meeting soon,
love ya

dk

12:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Congrats man! That's some awesome news!

God Bless,
Todd Ume.

2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott...Awesome news! I checked your blog every week to see how you were doing but never left a comment. I'm glad to hear you've pulled through something i am sure took a lot of courage and faith. Hope these next two years are cancer-free as well! You're a role model to us all. Hope all is well with your family~!
Take care!

Alison Endow

4:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB SCOTT! Hope you got your "graduation" card. It's all uphill from now. Love, Al,N,B & A Yamamoto

4:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I am so happy for you! See you in a month!

Robin

5:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scott! glad to hear the good neews :-) thats totally awesome!! you should come and stay with my brother and i up in oahu for awhile while your recovering. it'd proly be relaxing for you..going to hte pretty beaches all day every day :-) then you can go to mai tais whenever you want.lol

5:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott!! Yea!! Such incredible news. I'm so happy for you...take it easy, get your energy back and have fun!! =) I'll still be thinking of ya...

Nicole Yamashita

7:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Scott!!

That's great news!! I'm so proud of you...You've gone through so much and have pulled through with flying colors! I admire your strength and courage...what a man!! haha That's great news! Congrats!!

Love,
Kristen Hiraoka

7:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCOTTY!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! That is great news!! I am so happy for you and so admire your positive energy and courage! Hope to see you the next time I visit the LBMMC family....

Holly (in SF)

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott ...
What wonderful news! You are the big winner!!! Your strength and such positive outlook on your bout with cancer has been a real education and an inspiration for all of us who read your blog. We're so happy that you're cancer free. Get strong and heathier during the rest of your time off! Take a nice vacation with your mom!!
A&S Endo

10:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
shaka-to-ya-frada-cause-you're-nothing-but-a-bradda. I plan on calling you by mistake again soon, take care.
Kevin

3:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME news!!!! I'm so happy for you. Thank you again sharing your experience with us. It was very inspiring to hear your thoughts and to see your strength. Let's hang out soon and drink :) hee hee.....Later homie!!! Miss you.

~irene

9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Scott. Once again, you've proven that you're the man. Can't wait to get on the court with you again.
-ev

10:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to say hi!!! glad to hear things are going well! see ya soon...
jen willett

12:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott! I am a friend of your Mother's at Meairs. I have been faithfully following your progress on your blog. Congratulations! Our prayers have been answered! I am so happy for you and your family! Thank you for taking me along on your journey every step of the way! God Bless you always!
Love and best wishes,
Vicki McVicker

2:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear about the great news. Reading about your journey has been inspirational.

Monica Laird

2:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I am really happy about your wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us all posted.
Julie from MHT :)

6:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

I am so thrilled for you! It was really nice to check in to your blog and to learn of your wonderful news! Well done! You had the most amazing positive attitude through this journey of yours and you overcame a tough fight... I thank you for your inspiration and for allowing us to be a part of your healing.

Say, I bet the next marathon you run will be a piece a' cake with the strong mind-set you now have! Life will be more vivid, vibrant and meaningful for you with the experience you have gained! Life is good! :)

Congratulations and my very best to you and your family! I know your folks must be dancing on air! I definately hug my two little boys a little closer each time I think of your experience and how quickly & unexpectedly it entered your life... and thankfully now, how quickly you overcame this! I'm proud of you and very impressed! Thank you so much for sharing and helping me to remember how important it is to make every single moment of every single day count! :)

Stephanie (taught with your Mom),
Hunter, Cole & Brian Blakelock
Sisters, Oregon

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!

ANDREW

10:39 PM

 
Blogger JKC said...

Psssh...of course you were going to kick that cancer's ass. Good job Scott!

12:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I'm so glad to hear such good news! Continue to stay strong! Take care!

Trisha (Lopez) Lang

6:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott.....

WOO HOO,WOO HOO,WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Me :)

10:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, it REALLY works when you exercise, eat well, stay healthy. when sick your body is strong, your chances GREAT!!!

you deserve 1000% credit too.
CONTRATULATIONS!!! and here's to many many years of a special life.

uncle, auntie, sus and arianna from minnesota!

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ttocs! That is awesome!!!That's what I knew I'd hear. So, I'm sure everyone wants to see you and hang out with you. Let me know when you have some free time! -Eiluj

9:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,

How wonderful that you're in the clear now! I'm sure you'll be back in shape in no time :)

Love,
Karyn

12:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
Congrats! Glad to hear that you made it. Best of luck for a speedy recovery. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

-Robert Morikone

10:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all knew you'd do it!
Great news!

Congratulations and hope to see you soon! =)

Kim

2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats scott!! so good to hear indeed!

2:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Scott!

Glad to hear the news! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Liane (Ex Queen Bee from the Bren)

4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

That is wonderful news! We have been following your progress all along and are so greatful to hear about your results. I'm sure the next two years will just fly by and you will be cancer-free!!! Take care!

Kim, Gerrit, Emily, Abby and Haley
(sister and family of your brother's co-worker Scott Sturcke)

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. You are an inspiration to us all. I knew you would make it through with flying colors. I always knew we are a strong willed person. Thinking about you always.

Angela Wang (formerly a Fong) :)

9:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Scott. I'm so glad to hear it...big hugs.....


jonmao

11:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem for you Scizott. Faith, Family, and Friends is all you needed bro.

Kazu

3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

I am so glad to hear the great news! You have been in our thoughts and prayers and we hope that you get back on the court soon. I think you should keep the shaved head man. See you in Southgate(I guess now you will be waiting for me...)

Todd

7:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah yeah, nice work scotty
Brent

9:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!! Take care!
Naomi B.

2:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY SCOTT,
I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE CANCER FREE! YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS...GOD BLESS YOU.
Angie;)

3:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news Scott! I never had one doubt you'd get thru this. Looking good bro.

Dave Leung

10:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
It's wonderful to hear the great news...CONGRATS!!!
much luv,
sheila~

5:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW, that's great news!! I'm also glad to hear you're playing ball again.

C-Ya on the courts...

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home