Saturday, October 15, 2005

weird side effects....

Earlier in the week I was having the most odd side effects from chemo. Throughout the day I couldn't concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes. It lasted for almost the whole week. I would be eating and get up from the table multiple times, couldn't concentrate long enough to read a book or even watch tv for a prolonged period of time. It's a lot better now, but it was hell. Psychologically it's hard to explain unless you are experiencing it yourself. At first I didn't attribute it to the chemo, but my mom looked online and some patients receiving chemo do experience "chemo brain." I don't experience any forgetfulness or cognitive difficulty but definitely a clouded head and inability to concentrate. It's pretty scary....I'll have to talk to my doc about it on tuesday.

Me and my bro went surfing this morning and it was beautiful. The waves were small and weak but it worked because i'm so out of shape.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and cheering for you from afar...Hang in there. You are almost there.

Deb

3:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are getting out n' surfing! stay up scottie! love ya!

stick n tora

4:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott- One more treatment down, sounds like a bad one but at least it's over now. Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to get back out there, and do some fun stuff. Hope the next week is better every week is one step closer to the end of this ordeal. Now I have a new excuse for cloudy brain even if I'm not receiving chemo!! The Bucks

9:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Super Scott!

Glad to hear that you got to get out & surf today. I'll keep praying for you every day that you'll reach "the light at the end of the tunnel" with minimal side effects. Stay strong & positive. You still look good & in good shape. Looking forward to seeing you back at work. We miss you a lot.
Anne

9:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, Finally got some time to write to you. I have been following your journey and my heart is overflowing with empathy for you and what you are going through. No one said this would be easy, and I think we all can see that this is true. Everyone experiences their own "hell" to get to their own "paradise." You do not want to experience mine, trust me! But yours is yours to experience and grow from. Only God knows where it is going. Trust Him...He will get you through this. I know you think it is you but it is Him. He can help you. Turn to Him. Gain strength through us who love you and pray for you. God Bless you Scott, I know He will. "live Strong" and Have Faith! love you...JoAnn

12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scott...i talked to grant the other day and i just wanted to let you know that i'm praying for you!!

maggie

8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I continue to think of you and pray the God will give you the strength and determination to get through this!! Glad to hear you were able to enjoy the waves with your friends.
love,
Karen B.

9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
Still praying for you, just keep the faith. It's cool to hear that you went surfing. Just remember this fight is a gauranteed win, it is a slow but sure process, hang in there.

God Bless Always,
Angella.

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home