Thursday, October 13, 2005

doing better....

I'm slowly feeling better but I'm still throwing up and here and there. Hopefully today I'll stop. My head has been feelng really cloudy and it's starting to clear up. Looks like the weather is going to be pretty warm the next couple of days.

Going through this now is definitely a lot more difficult than I exepected. It's difficult to describe but you guys have been through it with me, it's a tough time. Hopefully my chemo symptoms will go away and I'll slowly get back out there.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're having a rough week. As always I continue to pray for you, Scott. I hope you'll be feeling better and stronger soon. Thanks for "hanging in there." I'm "hanging in there" with you too, all the way to your good health!
love,
karen k

10:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure none of us will ever fully understand either the physical or mental effects chemo has on your body unless we went through it ourselves. Yet all of us have learned a little bit more about strength and optimism and the determination to beat the beast through your example and by sharing your thoughts and experiences through your blog. Thank your for being so inspiring. You are a pillar of strength to all who know you. We can't wait to have you back!

AB

12:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, we have never met.

I met Jane Sakoda, who I believe is a friend of your Mom, through a golf event that I volunteed for back in August. She gave me your blog? Address? Website? I'm a bit older than you so this blogging stuff is new to me. I apoligize if something isnt quite up to form.

I just wanted to check in and let you know that your journey is one that many have taken before you and many more still will follow.
You are not in this alone.

I considered myself extremely fortunate when I was diagonsed with Lymphoma and Renal Carcinoma back in 2004. I say this because I, like you, found myself to be surrounded by loving, caring friends and family. This, above all else, is what got me through.

I did alot of the same things that you did (although at a much slower pace) to try to feel normal. I took it one day at a time and did not have any expectations for tomorrow. After a couple of surgeries and treatment, I am out almost two years without a relapse.

This may sound odd but having Cancer changed my life and made me realize what was truly important.

I wish you a speedy recovery and a happy and healthy life.

I think I read that you play a little golf, I will hold a spot open for you next year at our golf tournament.

Ken

2:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,

You hang in there. I really think this is the worst part now, and that things will be looking brighter soon. You know that we are all thinking of you and praying for you.

Susan

6:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
i'm happy to hear you're feeling better today. Just hang in there.


God Bless Always,
Angella.

8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Sorry you're having such a rough week...was hoping you might be able to "skip" these intense side effects of chemo...as long as the chemo is taking care of The Beast, the rest is tolerable. One morning at a time, one day at a time...prayers are with you each step of the way! Take care! Marilyn

6:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
I can feel your struggles and pain through your words. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for your continued strength thru sharing. It's hard to imagine now, but all of this will be behind you soon, you are more than half way thru. Hang in there.
sincerely,
ceylon

10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home