Monday, October 17, 2005

big day tomorrow

I'm feeling relatively well. I'm back out doing things and out in public areas. The end of last week and the weekend my counts were low. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my oncologist and he's going to let me know the results of the chest CT and what the plan is ahead of us. I'm also getting a boost of bleomycin....it could be my last treatment tomorrow. I'm hoping I will be all done. According to Lance Armstrong his physical battle with chemo was difficult but the recovery was even more difficult. No one really tells you what to expect or how to act once you are "in the clear." I am going to have follow up visits and diagnostic tests to make sure I am cancer free. I think the window is five years...if you are cancer free five year's post chemo the likelihood of the cancer returning is very small. But I was reading one of the side effects of my chemo meds is that I have a possibility of getting leukemia later in life...lets hope it doesn't happen. Wish me luck..:)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
Wishing you luck, love, surfing all the best waves, growing old with someone you cherish... ALL the things in life that will make you smile! :) :) You will be in our thoughts & prayers, particularly tomorrow, as you go for the Bleo & meet with Dr. N....You are in the home stretch!!! Take good care! Marilyn & Patrick

4:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
Sounds like things are looking pretty good. Almost done man. Stay up.
-Evan W.

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,
We wish you luck tomorrow. We'll be praying for good results. We hope you will be finished with your chemo so that you can start to recover and build your strength back. Take care!
Love,
Donna, Garry, and the kids. :)

4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

Gosh, you're amazing. Even though it may have seemed that we've helped you through this, somehow, I think you've done more so for us. We're still behind you all the way, and I'm praying for the best news you can possibly get.

love,
Venus

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
Your strenght is amazing, we wish you the best and know that the doctor's appointment will go well. It's great that you can get out and go visit the surf. - well maybe not today with the rain, but glad to hear you have been back in the water, Take care - The Youngs, Archie, Betty, Ryan and Dustin

5:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've made it through the chemo!! I hope and will pray for strictly positive feedback and results for tomarrows visit.

All the best,
Karen B.

8:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
You are incredible! You truly have a strong spirit. Thank you so much for being the person you are. Take care and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you...
GD

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Super Scott!

I'll pray extra hard tonight for great news from your doctor tomorrow. Stay strong & positive like you always are. I trust God that you will be beat this & win your own "tour de france" like Lance Armstrong. Thanks again for allowing us to attempt to support you. You are definitely an inspiration to us all at work.

Anne

9:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

You have come so far. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. You are always in my prayers.

Robin

9:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scott!! good luck tomorrow...glad to hear you've been out in the water and having fun :-) i'll be praying for u!! o ya,,btw my email has changed like a couple years ago. haha it's trikichiki88@hotmail.com-not the local girl one. but yeah....until the next post..PEACE OUT HOME FRY!
=corkie=

10:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sup Man,

Glad to hear you're in the home stretch. I really hope tomorrow is the last of the treatments so you can be in full force next time we hit up the waves. You still gotta introduce me to Longboarding since bodyboarding has been our pastime. Keep going strong, Good luck tomorrow. I'll be Keepin' ya in my prayers still. Take care.

Grant

11:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Scott!! I'm praying for you!
karen k

7:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this fight is almost over. We miss you everyday and count the days until you come back. Take care and keep up the good fight.

DM

9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ttocs,
Thinking about you on this big day. Talk to you soon. -Eiluj

12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott -
We wish you much LUCK tomorrow - you've been so strong through all this, we know the news will be GOOD!

Love,
Auntie Helen, Stacie & Lori

3:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Thinking of you all of the time, and sending you positive thoughts. We can totally relate to the idea of being "clear" and how difficult that is. Bryan has another series of tests (on Nov. 2) to make sure that he is still in remission. Every single time that we have to go through it, I still "freak" thinking and praying that he is clear. It isn't easy, but we get through it and take it one day at a time, right? Hang in there. Almost there...

Debbie

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home