rough night...
Yesterday I had a syringe full of one of my chemo meds, bleomycin. I also had my blood drawn and the nurses said my labs looked good. My immune system is building up and they said it's ok for me to get out into the public again. I usually play in a vegas basketball tournament this coming up weekend and they ok'd me to go (to watch and gamble). I'm pretty exicted to get back in the mix again...but it will be tough to stay away from the free alcohol:)
After we got home from the chemo I was feeling ok then started feeling more and more fatigued and achy. It hurt to move and I eventually went to sleep early. I woke up with a fever, took some tylenol, had some ice water, a popsicle and a cold shower. I was up for another hour and a half and my temp came back down. After last week My mom and I figured out my temp will probably spike about 7 hours after receiving the med. At least next time we'll be prepared...we're learning how to deal with it as things come along. The nurses and doctor said that flu like symptoms and a fever are a side effect of bleomycin. The other two meds that I am being infused on my 5x a week treatment induce fatigue and nausea. I'm getting by today...but running at about 65-70%.
14 Comments:
You're coming to Vegas?!?! YAY! :)
I'm sure you are going to be swarmed by everyone wanting to see you and talk to you...and I'll definitely be one of them! See you there!
2:06 PM
News about the good lab result and good weekend plan made my day. Go and have a great time, Scott, and I'll be praying that you'll feel closer to 100%.
karen k
2:53 PM
Scott Mizu...
It's great to hear you're coming to Vegas, brotha. I'm sure I'll see you at the Cal. Watch "Swingers" it'll get you in the Vegas mood. Vegas, Baby, Vegas.
Kazu
4:23 PM
Have a wonderful time in Vegas. It's good to hear that your lab results we were good. Enjoy yourself this weekend. Still thinking of you. :)
Angela
4:36 PM
Ttocs!
You're going to Vegas!! So happy to hear you're going to Vegas. I won't see you there b/c I'll be at a wedding. Don't worry, I'll throw back a couple for you.Have a great time!!!!!!!!! Amayikas Eiluj
4:50 PM
Hi Scott, Hope you are feeling better now. Enjoy your stay in Vegas and take care always.Racquel
5:19 PM
Hey Scott! I know what you mean about those germy kids! Their boogers are everywhere! (you see a lot as a teacher) I'm so glad to hear that you are going to be well enough to go to Vegas. Hang in there and stay strong! Your mom is such an awesome lady...
6:54 PM
Have a great time in Vegas!!! You deserve an awesome weekend... even if no "fun water" is allowed :) Miss you at work
GD
8:26 PM
Wow! Vegas, on "THIS" week-end! As your Hairmom, and a vet on "THIS" weekend, I don't know, Scott, I can't say I think "THIS" Vegas week end is the right weekend to subject yourself to. Do your doctors know what exactly "THIS" Vegas weekend really entails?...1 thousand crazy single Asian females looking for 2,000 crazy single Asian males? And you!? What are you thinkin! As your Hair mom, I have to forbid you going THIS weekend. But if you have to...you go guy! have a drink on me, diet-coke without rum if necessary, otherwise go for it! Wish I could join you! Like we did a couple of years back at the BJ table!
Love you...JoAnn
10:24 PM
Scott
All right....have a good weekend! Hope you have unlimited luck on the tables. Glad to hear your great updates. So, did you see Brudda BU yet? Aloha, MauiMizufukas
10:29 PM
Hi Scott,
Looks like you've been on a roller coaster these past few weeks. Glad to know that you are being taken care of by your mom and are hanging in there. Man, you are a popular guy! You have so many postings and lots of love and support on your site. Have a fun and relaxing time in Vegas!! Thinking of you....
Love, Darrel and Lynn
P.S. Let's talk Laguna Beach sometime!!!
1:02 AM
Hey Scott, hope we get to see you in Vegas, but judging from all of the comments, sounds like you'll be swamped by tons of people. Us old farts can wait, but understand that we care about you just as much as anyone. Don't worry about missing out on the free booze, I'm sure all of your friends will make up for your abstinence. Sure wish you were playing though, it won't be the same without you. Take care.
Ed Kato
9:38 AM
Hey Scott,
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. I just got back from Vegas and got my ass kicked. Hope you have better luck over there.
Ryan Nomura
2:13 PM
Enjoy yourself in Vegas. Still praying for you.
Angella.
2:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home