recovering...
Hi everyone, the effects of the chemo are slowly seeping out of my system. I feel a little bit better every morning I wake up. The thing that's limiting me most is the fatigue. Last night I was lying in bed thinking about the chemo and how its affecting me. It's hard to describe but the symptoms changed from last cycle to this cycle. Last time it was the first experience and I was much more fatigued. This time I have a little more energy but feel a little achier and haven't had any problems with mouth sores or swallowing.
Sorry for all who don't want to hear about all of my symptoms, but that is my gift to you...if you want it. I'm going through this and I'm comfortable with everyone learning through my experience firsthand. I didn't think much of the blog at first, just thought it would be a good way to communicate most efficiently to family and friends. And I guess it's working so far.
I can't compare myself to Lance Armstrong but I did run and train for a marathon last year. Physically and mentally training was intense but it was goal oriented and I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. The actual race was a different story, I was running a lot faster than the pace I planned. I was cruising for and smiling for about 21 miles then the last 5.2 just killed me. I had to stop for about 10-15 seconds per mile but eventually crossed the finish line in the time I was hoping for..3 hrs and 48 minutes. Right when I was finishing I thought I would never ever run another marathon, the end was torture. I was trying to rationalize how that experience has affected me fighting this battle and it has given me mental strength. But it's amazing how when I was training I knew how hard I could go and what my baseline was. What trips me out now is the ups and downs, my baseline is non-existent. My condition is constantly changing and it's unpredictable.
I guess I'm used to figuring something out and going with it, expecting some kind of normalcy. When I finished my first cycle of chemo I thought I had it down and knew what to expect, but I was way off when the second cycle came around. I had minimal nausea all week but got rocked over the weekend. Well I'll have to take a deep breath and suck it up...I'm almost halfway through with it.
9 Comments:
Good updates Scott......it is good to hear as much detail as you need to share. Everytime I think to call you.....I think aw you might be resting... so these detailed updates are good. Hoping for a good weekend for ya...............Aloha, MauiMizufukas
12:29 AM
I want to share one of my baselines...."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Here's another of my favorite verses: "He (God) will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge." Psalm 91:4
May your good days be great, and may you ride out the bad days with God. I'm praying for you always.
love,
karen k
7:59 AM
TTOCS
Share all you want. We love hearing about it, reading about it, writing you messages, etc. Relax, take it easy and I'll talk to you soon. -Eiluj
9:31 AM
I surely appreciate your generosity in sharing this journey so candidly...we have a book in my church where we add people/intentions we wish added to the prayers of all, & I added you in late August.... with the ripple effect of all these loving words & prayers, the whole world has you in their prayers by now!! Hang in there kiddo, & have yourself a good, peaceful weekend!! mjh
9:39 AM
Hi Scott -
Your updates are fantastic, it's a great way for you to share your experience and vent a little. I know we check everyday to find out how you're doing.
Maybe you can publish this blog and give Lance Armstrong a run for his money at the bookstores - bet you'd make enough money to buy us all Ipod Nanos!
Take care!
Loads of Love,
Auntie Helen, Stacie & Lori
10:29 AM
Hi there Pedro,
Well, I am glad another tx is done, and you are at the halfway point. You are doing great, you looked great when I saw you last week. Keep stepping forward even when everythings seem so overwhelming. As you know I am here for you, as well as everyone else. Enjoy the rest of your week!
love ya
dk
1:02 PM
Hey Scott,
Thank you for sharing your experience, it gives us an insight of what chemo entails; most of us have heard about it but might not realize the toll the mind and body have to pay in return. Keep sharing, it can be very therapeutic. Enjoy your weekend.
God Bless Always,
Angella.
4:43 PM
the more detail the better! you have seriously taught us all so much and i don't anyone else can describe what you are going through more eloquently than you. my sister always comments how "well put" you say things.
love ya el dedo grande!
stick
6:00 PM
Hi Grandson Scott
Your doing great,pray and when you see the lite at the end of the tunnel and you emerge on the other side you will have it made will keep praying for you
LOVE Grandpa Joe
9:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home