A little freaky...
So I was taking a shower last night and washing my hair when some started to come out. Not a lot, kind of like the remnants after you get a haircut. So I called Eric up first thing this morning and he's gonna come over tonight to cut it all off. I'm glad I cut it short early...I actually cut it even shorter the week before last for you guys who haven't seen me. I guess when the physical effects of chemo hit you it's not a joke...no more faking or hiding from it. I will be fighting cancer and everyone I see will probably be aware of it.
I'm too lazy to re-read my old posts so sorry if I repeat myself. Going through chemo and living with cancer really strips you down to your core physically and emotionally. I know the worst of it is going to be coming (5x a week 2nd and 3rd cycles) but at least I know what to expect to a certain degree. At least I'll have a weekend of fun and hopefully won't have to explain my situation to too many people. I'm just looking to escape for a little while and maybe win a little money. Maybe I'll see some of you guys over there.
32 Comments:
Sup Man,
Have a good time in Vegas, glad you are able to go out and gamble. Too bad you can't get your drink on though, but I'm sure you'll still have a blast. Sorry to hear about tu pelo. If my dog Cinnamon were still around I'm sure that would have made for a hearty meal like when I used to cut your hair b4 and she would eat it off the ground as if it were filet minon.
c-ya,
Grant
6:41 PM
hey scott...it's nicole yamashita. 'member me from irvine?? ya, it's been a while since then huh! =) well, got this forwarded to me from niki nakagawa it broke my heart. so...i just wanted to write and let you know that you are in my thoughts...
have a great time in vegas and i'll be checking in on your blogs...take care
aloha, nicole
7:12 PM
Hey Scott,
Good luck in Vegas. It'll be good to get away for awhile. Say "Hi" to my money while you are there.
Susan
7:41 PM
Hey Scott,
Its been a long time. I heard from my sister about everything. I just wanted to write and let you know that my and my families thoughts and prayers are with you. Its so good to know that your keeping your spirits high. Stay strong and email me if you get a chance.
Scott Yoshizaki
sy3213@aol.com
8:15 PM
Scott,
Glad to hear you getting away for the weekend!! Have some laughs & you're already a winner!! (but coming back with a bit of the casino's $$ is always good!!:) Have some fun!! mjh
8:25 PM
Hi,
I'm Kev Nakane's roommate, and I felt the need to leave you a comment to let you know that even though I don't know you, I'm totally rooting for you! Kev has your blog on our homepage, so every evening when I launch the internet, I read your blogs. Anyway, I just wanted say that the worst is almost over, and I know that you'll be just fine. I wish you well, and I'll pray for you every night until you're 100%.
8:40 PM
Hey Scott,
Just wanted to say "hi" and to wish you lots of luck in Vegas. I bet it will be nice to get away for the weekend.
Take care.
Robin
9:45 PM
Just dropping in and saying hi and i'll see you this weekend in vegas. :)
take care,
316 calmindon
irene
10:17 PM
Have a great time in Vegas, Scott! I'm glad you'll be able to have a little fun. I also want to thank you for posting the details about your chemo. My uncle just completed his first round and he's experiencing similar side effects. Hair loss has started, but we haven't received word regarding the size of the tumor. Hopefully, the size of the tumor will decrease so they can remove the mast. Anyway, have a GREAT weekend! Win big, even if you can't enjoy the free alcohol, I'm sure we can imbibe on your behalf this weekend. Take care!
10:36 PM
Hey Bro,
It's Henry Hirano, don't know if you remember me or not. Jimmy Soga told me about your site, but I heard about your condition from another friend of mine whos friend is a friend of your brothers LOL (seems like every nisei in CA knows a Mitsufuka LOL). Anyway, sorry to hear about what's happened, but I'm glad to read that you're doing better. Keep up the good fight brother! I've had my share of mental break downs, so when it comes to that and need someone to relate to, I'm all ears. I'll leave my email if you want to contact me back. Take Care of yourself brother! Lates!
Henry
Ichiban439@hotmail.com
10:48 PM
My heart goes out to you Scott, You are now in my arena, 'hair' , I know this is a bigger deal than people realize. But everyone I know who has gone thru this has grown a full head of hair very soon after treatment. You will survive and who cares what people think! Those that know you and care for you don't care if you look like you got your hair cut at Super Cuts and then had to correct it. Just don't tell them I cut it.
Hope you really went to Vegas. I wish I went too! Have fun! JoAnn
1:07 AM
Hey Scott,
Have fun in Vegas! Make sure to make a withdrawal, not a deposit ;)
CN
2:01 AM
Vegas Baby! We'll break the house together.
Broadback
8:04 AM
Have a great time in Vegas. Maybe one year I'll actually be able to make it out there. You should make all the guys on our team shave their head too. I'd pay to see that.
-Reid
9:16 AM
Glad you're feeling well enough to go to Vegas. Have a great time and win!!! Don't worry, you're hair will grow back and you're lucky that you look good with or without hair. Take care . . . Kaz
9:20 AM
Good luck in Vegas! Hope you win tons of $$$ - chicks love bald guys especially in Vegas baby! Sure you still look great!
Have fun this weekend & we'll see you soon!
Auntie Helen, Stacie & Lori
9:29 AM
Scott,
Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know that we don't hang out and all, but I just wanted to send you some love! Take care of yourself and as my hero, Lance, believes, livestrong! :)
Much love,
kt
10:23 AM
Ttocs!
Kick some poker, blackjack, slot machine ass in Vegas! Have a muy divertido tiempo in the LV. (Is that even spanish?) Catch you soon. Amayikas Eiluj
10:38 AM
You're cute with or without hair. Go enjoy the "city that never sleeps." Don't forget to bring back all your winnings.
karen k
11:03 AM
Scott-
Wanted to let you know that all of us ballers from Irvine are thinking about you. You are an amazing person as you deal with the emotional and physical load that is chemotherapy and cancer. Get better and I'll LET you score on me!
John aka all-purpose
5:03 PM
Hi Socott,
Win BIG this weekend...clean house and bring home the $$$. Glad to hear you get to have some fun and a change of senery!!! Enjoy this weekend.
Your in my prayers,
Karen Boyd
8:50 PM
Hi Scott!
Just wanted to wish you luck in Vegas!! "cha-ching".....i can hear it already!! Haha. HAVE FUN!! :D
<3 Trish
9:48 PM
Thinking of you...I hope that you have a fantastic time in Las Vegas. Good for you for "seizing the day" and going for it! :) Always rooting for you. Tell your parents that I am thinking about them too.
Love,
Debbie
11:04 AM
i shaved my head to the skin. i'll send you some pictures
-jeff
1:00 AM
Hey Scott, its Cliff. I used to hang with Eric, Ev, Al. I used to hate playing against you. I don’t get around to checking my email too often but I heard about your situation through the grapevine. And then I read your blog. You are inspiring, courageous. I’m living in Africa now (the grapevine travels I tell you), working with HIV/AIDS so I see the frailty of life first hand-and the resilience of life as well. Your blog is great-it’s inspiring and you show others this resilience of life. Like I said earlier, I used to hate playing against you. Its not like you were good or anything. It’s just that you were tough. Good luck with everything, I’m sure I will be checking your blog from time to time. The upside is that one day you can be like, dude, this one time, I had this tumor...
4:14 AM
I MISSED YOU IN VEGAS!! =(
Saw Mom & Dad though...said you were having fun and gambling. Hope you came home with winnings, or at least a good time! =)
11:07 AM
Hey Scotty!
Thinking of you - hope the trip to Vegas was profitable! I'm still cheering you on from San Francisco!
Holly
11:49 AM
Hey Scott,
I just got back from Japan, and I've had to do a little reading to catch up with your posts. Let me know when I can come over and show you some pictures of your motherland since I got there first(: By now I imagine you're back from Vegas, so I hope you had a great time. It's great to hear that you're still doing well, and that you're being so supported. I'm thinking of you and praying for you as often as I can.
Marc
12:41 PM
hey scott..
I hope you had fun in vegas...my mom said that you won :)..thats so cool. Anyways hopefully i'll see you soon!.Laguna Beach is on tonight :)
love ya
karen
p.s i dont care what anyone says...i think you are a GREAT basketball player!!!
1:47 PM
Ttocs-
Hair or heads looking good. I'll see you this weekend. Eiluj
5:36 PM
hey hope you had a good time in Vegas. (or are you still down there?)
i'm thinkin about visiting your ass one weekend so ill email you later for the info k?
peace
-jimmy
5:45 PM
Hi Scott,
You probably don't remember me but I'm a friend of your Mom's who used to teach with her. I met you over 10 years ago on a few occassions at your folk's house during some of our teacher scrapbooking gatherings. A mutual teacher friend just shared your news and link to your blog... I'm so glad that she did as I've wondered how your Mom & her family were doing.
I've been captured by all of your posts and just felt that I had to write to say how very impressed I am with your strength & your courage! A positive attitude & outlook have so many healing qualities! You are an amazing inspiration to us all! Please know that you & your family are in our thoughts & prayers! I look forward to the very near future when you post how excited you are that you have received a clean bill of health! :)
Stephanie Blakelock - Oregon
6:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home