Friday, September 16, 2005

done with the week...

Finished my long week, and it hasn't been too bad. A lot better than last time. I was able to eat about 75% of my normal diet with some nausea. I've mostly been fatigued, I come home from chemo a little before lunch and eat. Then sleep for a good 2-3 hours then just relax a run and errand or two. Things are moving along. One of my nurses at the infusion center today was telling my mom and I how my oncologist was raving about me being his prized patient. He was very happy with how I'm progressing and how I am responding to the chemo meds.

So I have two weeks off w/my boost of bleomycin on mondays (the one that gives me the flu and fever) and I meet with Dr. Nagourney the second week for hopefully some good news. I saw on the surf report the waves we were up and my parents and I went down to the wedge, the waves were a good 6-12 feet...bad shape though. Huge crowds, it was pretty wild.

Thanks for the support...and I'm trying to keep on truckin' (a la frank the tank)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Scott,
Glad to hear you have been out and about enjoying yourself. I think of you often and pray for your quick return. We all miss you so much. Take care!
Angie;)

10:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
That's cool about your ipod- whatever that is. I didn't know what a blog was until Zena explained it to me. I'm learning to burn CDs tonight- exciting friday night- I know. Well, you're not completely alone w/ this Cancer thing. I finally had my surgery and have a pretty big scar on the middle of my forehead, but thankfully cancer free now. Mine doesn't come close to what you're going through, but I am much more aware of cancers in general now and it's hard to tell people that I have it too. Some people I tell because mine was preventable and I want them to protect themselves from sun. With others, it's harder to tell them because it's such a deadly disease and many people don't want to be close to someone who might leave them. I don't know if you can relate at all- just throwing out my new insight. Anyhow, Oh yeah- miss you at work, want you to come back soon. It did me a world of good to see you at work 2 weeks ago- it really rested some of my fears about how you're doing- I recognize that it was a good day and you have your bad days as well, but we're all looking forward to the day you return to work- HEALTHY and CANCER-FREE!!! I'm praying for you daily- mostly when I'm at work. You're such a blessing to so many people and a helping hand. If I can be a help to you in any way, please call me.
Your friend,
Linda.

11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home