Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday

It's Sunday night....had an awesome weekend hanging out w/friends and family. Physically I'm feeling pretty good, only occasional swelling in my left arm. It was great getting out w/my friends back in a social atmosphere...I felt myself again. It's weird...I almost forget sometimes that I have cancer.....it seems surreal. Everything happened so quickly. I'm a bit nervous about chemo tomorrow. Just going in with an open mind and ready to experience whatever may come.

I'm aware that chemo has multiple side effects and decided to take fate in my own hands and shave my head today. My cousin Jeff stepped up and shaved his head to support me. He said he would be down to bic his head if I lose anymore....he's awesome. Now we look like my little cousin Kevin. Shaving my head was physically a big step and symbolic....everyone knows that I like my hair and was probably never in my life going to shave it. There's a huge uncertainty about cutting all of your hair off, how you will look and how people will react to it. I conquered one thing today stepping into uncertainty....and how does it look? My head is pretty symmetrical yeah?

Well I'm going to rest up for my big day tomorrow. Thanks so much for the support. It means a lot and I enjoy reading everyone's comments.

scott

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be pulling for you.
Love, K V & T

10:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott. I am so impressed with your journal.
It is a good way to keep everyone informed of what's going on. We are praying with you and your family. Good luck tomorrow.
Susan

10:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott. Your blog site is so well-written and it's great to keep track of how you're doing. I like your new 'do! If anyone has the strength and spirit to prevail, we know that it's you. Take care and we'll be thinking of you!
Love,
Darrel and Lynn

11:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott-

You never cease to amaze me - your courage, strength, & determination have pulled our family through an extremely tough week. I admire & respect you more than you'll ever know. You'll do awesome this week...

I'll see you tomorrow...
E

12:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hair or no hair we're still damn sexy.

-jeffrey

8:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you are in rich and my thoughts and prayers..love, joyce and rich

12:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
Keep you chin up, all the luck in the world and God bless you. I am still looking forward to hitting the water with you.
Your friends,

jennifer and henry

1:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scottie.. just thinking about you today! i think the hair looks good! i'm still in shock that you shaved it! now you will look like randy & daniel when they do that "face". y'all know what i'm talking about right? you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

stick

2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Whats up man, long time no talk. Just wanted to extend some thought and prayer out to you and your family. I just found out and wish the best for you man. Take care.

Kyle Imaoka

4:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Great haircut, I get it every 3 weeks. Stay strong, I hope the chemo treatments are short and effective. You are in our family's thoughts every day.

Cousins John, Janice and Auntie Emi

8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Super Scott!

It was great seeing you today. You looked great. Your hair is cool looking. Keep staying positive. I'll keep praying for you.

Anne :)

9:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home