doing ok so far...
I made it through another treatment today and was able to keep all my food down. I actually haven't had too many side effects yet. A little fatigue and occasional nausea. I had a home health nurse come out today to check up on me...for all you LB memorialers it was our old buddy Marilyn (an old RN I used to work with in the hospital). She went over more of the side effects of chemo and was checking up on my drug regimen. She was saying as the chemo cycles progress the side effects tend to increase also.
I always wondered if my drinking and hangovers served a purpose in my life and I guess it will be training for what is to come...:) I know you guys are laughing...
I don't wanna repeat myself but the comments are great...it really helps me. My mom loves reading it too. The encouragement from you guys in unreal..
32 Comments:
Hi Scott.......We are friends of your mom and dad. I grew up with Vicki, Donna and Joanie. We have watched you and Eric grow up through your family Christmas cards. We are so sorry that you have to go through this ordeal. But, like I told your mom, it is only a temporary setback.....with your positive attitude, many friends and loving family, you will come through this much stronger and ready to live life to the fullest! Your positive outlook is more than half the battle! We are praying for you every day! Stay strong!
Ken & Chris Hankawa
11:19 PM
Hi Scott!
Glad to hear that your second day wasn't too bad either. It's good that so far your body is reacting well to the medications too. Hmm...maybe for your nausea you could try eating some ginger foods. They say it helps....at least it helps women that are pregnant and are experiencing morning sickness :) Anyways....hope everything goes well tomorrow too!
11:38 PM
Scotty, I must say you are one of the most amazing guys I have ever known. Very few people would be able to keep such a positive attitude and sense of humor while dealing with cancer and you are an inspiration to many. I miss hanging out w/you at lunch everyday...the joint just aint the same w/o you. Hang in there buddy, you're going to beat this!
11:52 PM
i think im going to bic my head on friday. i figured i never had it this short before so why not go all the way?
-jeffrey
12:06 AM
Sciott,
Glad to hear things have been going well so far. Keep it up, we're all her for you.
Broadback
7:37 AM
Hi Scott,
My kids know that I'm computer illiterate and it sounds dumb asking, but am I supposed to have problems with the same password every time I try to leave you a message? Anyway, hope your day goes well and you feel okay afterwards. Take care.
love,
karen k
8:41 AM
Scott, guess what?! I chose "anonymous," and it didn't ask for a password .... hooorraay!
karen k
8:43 AM
hey scotty! everyday i come to work, i look forward to reading your entries to see how you're doing. i'm glad to hear that you're doing ok and that you're getting the best care! love you and i'm thinkin of you!
~wen
9:53 AM
yup...still thinking of you! :)
9:54 AM
It's T-tocs!(as Shion would say)
Happy to hear you're doing well. Keep up you A-game! Amayikas Eiluj
10:25 AM
Woo hoo Ttocs! Keep up the positive attitude! Glad to hear day 2 went well. - Nehc Yma
11:00 AM
Hi Scott!
11:12 AM
Hey Scott. Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm sure you're gonna be fine and running skinny guys like me over again in no time. Stay up, man. From me and the whole Watanabe fam.
-Evan
11:12 AM
what's up with all of the backwards names? i'm not cool enough or something? i really think new year's eve did the trick as far as handling the "effects" of ANYTHING! what do you think? take care! gambatte!
stick
11:38 AM
Hi Scott,
Your Auntie Gale and I thought maybe you could try the elastic wrist bands with the pressure balls on them. It worked great for Lynsey on the winding road to Lake Tahoe this summer.
Jayne
12:02 PM
Hi Scott,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you . This blog stuff is great. Its like we are all sitting in the chair with you and picking your brain. Let me know if you need anything.
I'm glad your comedic skills are still intact. Did you major in comedy in undergraduate?
The Wada's
Garry, Donna and the kids
12:04 PM
The facial hair looks good on you!
1:12 PM
Hi Scott,
Finally figured how this blog thing works. Happy to hear that yesterday went well; keep up the positive attitude and sense of humor.
God bless,
Angella "mon"
1:30 PM
Hey Scott i dont know if you remember me or not but its gi nakasone! Well i just wanted to say that you are truly an inspiration to us all. You and your family are in my prayers. Your strength is unbelievable and i know that your strength and love and support from everyone will pul you through this hard time. Dont worry LB was good but MTV will play it about 280923803 times so no worries. you are in my prayers scott!! and thanks for letting us know what you have been going through.
P.S LOVE THE HAIR!!
2:11 PM
Hi Scott! I'm glad to hear your chemo treatments are going smoothly with little side effects. I noticed that someone mentioned those bracelets with pressure balls.... I have heard too that they truly help. Take it easy! Naomi
2:14 PM
Hi Scott,
I am glad to hear that you are doing well. You are such an amazing person and I miss working with you. You are in my thoughts and prayer. Looking forward to reading yor entries. Take care. Jo Anne and little Joaquin
2:25 PM
Hey Scott,
Well, I can see why you wanted to rest and relax on Sunday and not play golf. My bro told me about your page last night and I just came online to say sup. Hope everything is going well and I will talk to you soon.
Kevin
4:16 PM
Glad the second day was good...
Like Erin said, you're Mr. Epitomy of health so maybe all that working out helped just as much as the getting wasted did!!! =)
Geez...I can't believe I was roommates with the two most computer illiterate people sending messages to you...
Have a good night!!!
4:56 PM
Wassup Scizzot,
Glad to hear everything has been going fairly smoothe so far and I know with your inner strength and optimism everything will continue in this way. Nice cut by the way, I could never pull that off w/ my indented head! :) Nice comment about the hangover's preparing you for these next few months. You forgot to add how all the years of immitating Jim Carey's fake "dry heave" will come in handy too. Just kidding. Stay stong man and stay focused. I'm still keeping u in my prayers and I know u will be fine in no time and we will meet up at T-Street for another great bodyboarding session. C-ya.
Grant
7:16 PM
Hi Scott..
We were so saddened to hear of your situation but are inspired by your strength & optimism. Thanks for keeping us updated thru your blog. I am sure that your Grandma/pa A & Sam would be so PROUD OF YOUR COURAGE!!! I think they are still watching over you. Take Care. Glenn, Donna, Kristen & Kelli Hiraoka
8:04 PM
Hey Scott, glad to hear you're doing well. Besides your tremendous attitude, the most amazing thing to me is to see you with a shaved head. I still remember the Ninja tournament when all the team shaved their heads except you and Wes. Oh well, there's a first for everything. Take care and hang in there.
Ed Kato
9:02 PM
Scott,
This is a tremendous way to share your daily experiences & conserve your energy!! Your spirit & love of life were appreciated before this health challenge; your courage & honesty along with the love that embraces you through the words of these friends & family is inspirational,& WONDERFUL rx during this journey! My family & I keep you & yours in our prayers. In my years as a nurse I have seen some of the most powerful medicine comes from within...!! Please let me know if I can help along the way. I hope I transmit this correctly; I'm new to the world of blog. God bless! Marilyn
9:09 PM
Q: What's the difference between Jesus Christ, and a picture of Jesus Christ?
A: It only takes one nail to hang a picture of Jesus Christ
9:31 PM
Hello Scott...I know that we haven't spoken in a couple years but I just wanted to give my support to you and your family. You have always been a strong person who never gave up. I know that you can beat this. Best Wishes!
Andrea Woo
9:36 PM
hey scott...haven't really talked to you since that fateful day we all went surfing and this whole journey started. you were still shredding it up, even with your arm swelling up! seriously though, i'm so proud of you for how you're handling this all. hang in there. ~zina
10:26 PM
Aloha Scott
Your da man! In your journey, you are inspiring and uplifting so many people in their everyday struggles! We have seen an unreal, positive and strong Scott......you have for sure touched our hearts like never before. Stay strong in the Lord cuz He is Faithful! Aloha, MauiMizufukas
11:13 PM
hey scott...longtime no see! just found out but wanted to drop a line and wish you the best.
my mom too is going through chemo after a successful lumpectomy in june. shes doing well and treatments are progressing. she actually benefited from accupuncture before her last chemo session.
its definitely great that you got this blog going and even better to read that your attitude is thoroughly positive!!
royce
12:27 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home